Career Management Services for Colleges and Universities
The goal of a university’s Career Center is
to prepare undergraduates, graduate students, and alumni to make informed decisions about their futures. The center
is essential in helping to transition students from classroom to workforce. However, a challenging economy has made it difficult for many schools to provide enough staff to keep up with the demand. Career Insiders is an excellent resource to fill the resulting
We are proud that our President/CEO Mauri Schwartz is an Adjunct Advisor at the University of California, Berkeley Haas School of Business and also works closely with Mills College's Lorry I. Lokey Graduate School of Business in Oakland and Tulane University in New Orleans. Career Insiders has delivered workshops and train-the-trainer programs at these institutions and the University of San Francisco, Golden Gate University, San Francisco State University and the University of California, Santa Cruz.
Our expert career consultants provide services in
a group setting with a variety of seminars and workshops, or work
individuals to meet your expectations. A sampling of our programs include:
Career Boot Camp
Part One consists of the following components during a full day of presentation, interactive role play, and real-time demonstration of search techniques.
- Identify Your Target – Those of us who know exactly what they want to do when they graduate are lucky…and rare. Most of us are puzzled as to which way to go. It is essential to choose a direction and pursue it with focused attention.
- Write a Winning Resume – Most job seekers are screened out even before having a chance to interview. Learn how to structure your resume to gain the inside advantage.
- Ace the Interview – If you cannot interview effectively, your knowledge and work experience will go unnoticed. A less qualified candidate may get the job because of better interviewing skills.
- Become an Effective Networker – 90% of new jobs, the most desirable ones, are attained by networking, and it is easier than you probably think.
- Dress for Success – Even before the interview, an employer will notice your appearance. You must be dressed for success.
- Design a Search Strategy – Do you know how to look for a job in the current market? It is not enough to post your resume on the Internet and wait for a response. You need an aggressive step-by-step action plan based on your individual needs.
Part Two consists of a day of 20-minute one-on-one consultations for Part One participants.
One to two hour seminars focusing on one or more of the topics above.
Career workshops delivered on the web.
Directed Job Search Teams
Intensive 6-week group job search effort facilitated by a Career Advisor.
Individual Career Coaching
One-on-one consulting with one of our experienced Job Search Coaches.